Friday, July 4, 2008

Dyslexia Series-Disabled Legend John Corcoran

John Waldon Corcoran Jr. Was born on 5 December, I937 in St. Louis, Missouri, to Jack and Agnes Leonard Corcoran. John is the 3rd child and only boy in a family of 6 children.

John who is dyslexic. Confessing his life long disability marked the end of shame anxiety, and ingenious evasions and the beginning of a crusade on behalf of literacy and education reform. Since then, he's shared his experinences with everyone from prison inmates to Oprah audiences, even testifying on illiteracy issues before Congess. John told Biography Magazine: I always knew how much I wanted to be able to read, but I didn't know how much it affected my being."

Keep visiting: www.lifechums.com/ more Celebrities featuring Shortly .............

Bookmark and Share

No comments: